Sunday, December 20, 2009

Why do cloths get bleach marks on them when I don't use bleach in the wash?

I have been noticing that a few fo my shirt have bleach marks or spots were they color is very faded but I never use Bleach in the wash or at all.





Could the laundry detergent be doing this or does it have to do with the quality of the clothes?Why do cloths get bleach marks on them when I don't use bleach in the wash?
I've had this happen in the past as a result of detergent clumping in the bottom of the washer. If you use powder form tide etc. spread it out evenly on the bottom, start the washer cycle and let it fill water for about 20 seconds/ 1 minute before putting your clothes in. I've done this ever since and not had the problem.Why do cloths get bleach marks on them when I don't use bleach in the wash?
It could be either of those two reasons, or do you use a liquid fabric softener? That can also leave spots on the clothes if you use the automatic fabric softener dispenser on the washing machine. I discovered that the fabric softener dispensed onto the wet clothes, but before it filled for the rinse cycle, which ended up leaving ';bleach'; spots on the clothes.
Do you use a whitening toothpaste? This stuff leaves bleach marks on towels or clothing it gets on.
if you use no bleach it must be the clothing itself

No comments:

Post a Comment