Sunday, December 20, 2009

Do I need to use bleach to wash diaper wraps?

I have diaper service but wash wipes and diaper wraps at home. My mom has told me I need to wash them with a little bleach to sanitize poopy wraps, which I have been doing.


Some of my diaper wraps say not to wash with bleach though, and I'm worried about them irritating my baby's skin. Is there a more eco-friendly way to wash diaper wraps?Do I need to use bleach to wash diaper wraps?
The bleach will eventually breakdown the material of the wraps, and cause the waterproofness to go away. I suggest just washing on warm or hot and a cold rinse, and hang dry. The less heat and corrosive detergents the better. Every once in a while bleach is okay, but you don't need too much, and if the odor of bleach stays on them you should rinse until its gone.





My covers all usually go in with the diapers and wipes, so they get a cold pre-rinse, hot wash with warm rinse, and then a cold post rinse, but post rinse is not totally neccessary with covers unless you notice bubbles still in the water.Do I need to use bleach to wash diaper wraps?
I tried every stain removal for poopy diapers, but found that after the diaper is washed and still wet, you can hang dry the stain in direct sunlight and it will naturally bleach away the stain. Sounds too good to be true, but it works! Sometimes, depending on the stain, u may need to repeat once Report Abuse

There is a soap they sell called felz-nap ((May be spelled wrong)) but they usually sell it in grocery stores in the body soap aisle's and it's kinda big...But I swear it works wonders on stains and I beleive it's a natural soap..Hope I helped..They do sell eco-friendly detergent and stain fighter at babies'r'us too!!
Actually, washing them in bleach ruins them because then the poops absorb into the fabric and stain. If you put them in the extra wash cycle on cold and then run them through the washer normally they come out fine. The water is hot enough to sanitize them.

No comments:

Post a Comment