Thursday, December 24, 2009

When you wash your whites....Do you use only bleach or washing detergent also???

My girlfriend only uses bleach when doing her whites. She said since bleach kills everything-that washing powder is not effective on top of the bleach. Do you agree??When you wash your whites....Do you use only bleach or washing detergent also???
Bleach is effective in killing germs and helping to whiten, however, bleach has no ingredients to help loosen dirt from clothing. I would recommend using both. if you use bleach though, be certain to use it sparingly as it will break-down clothing fibers over time. Also, bleach should only be used on white clothing. if you are using colors, purchase a color-safe bleach/whitener.





Final tips: be certain to add bleach via the reservoir on the machine, or into the water directly BEFORE adding the clothes. Certain fabrics will stain or discolor if bleach is poured on them directly.





For items like white socks and t-shirts that bleach cannot seem to clean completely, try lemon juice. It is a very light acid that can break-up/dissolve dirt and hard water deposits on clothes and get them back to looking bright.When you wash your whites....Do you use only bleach or washing detergent also???
.no i don't agree. i use both! then use downy ball 2 soften and make them smell good. that is just my preference
Use detergent as well as bleach, but do not use dry bleach or even detergent that contains bleach with chlorine bleach. Dry bleach and chlorine bleach work differently and actually will neutralize each other.
Bleach isnt a soap, you need to use bleach to whiten your clothes and to remove a stain. But you need to use detergent to get the clothes clean.
you should only use bleach periodically when washing whites, and then only the amount directed on label. bleach eats away the fabric and will ruin anything elastic. I recommend using bleach no more than once a month or less.
I believe she is mistaken. We use detergent in addition to bleach.
No I don`t agree. I always use my detergent with my bleach otherwise how would the clothes come clean?
I dont agree..... Bleach is just there to clean the whites the washing powder is what washes the cloths... just bleach with make all her clothes thin and smell like just bleach.
Both but, when you use bleach you don't need as much detergent.
NO!





First, never use bleach on your clothes! It destroys the material.





Use Oxy Clean and regular detergent.
Speak with your girlfriend and let her know that us women use


washing powder first, and then if the whites are really soiled


go ahead and add some bleach.


Sounds like you were paying attention when your mom did her


laundry, its amazing what we remember from our childhood.


Happy laundering...
Washing detergent is the necessary party. Add bleach if you need to get a tough stain out of your whites.
no, I use both
No. Use both for your whites.Detergent cleans and bleach only whitens.If all else fails , read the instructions on labels %26amp; for machine.
this is a easy one come on now you can did it.
I use both. Bleach is mainly for whitening and I don;t like the smell of just bleach alone. The detergent makes me not notice the smell.





In my opinion, you need both to get it clean and bright - that goes for color-safe bleach also.
I agree with the majority, I use both. I use fabric softener sheets in the dryer so the strong smell of bleach will not linger.

No comments:

Post a Comment