Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can I wash my white sneakers with bleach?

Can I throw my Adidas sneakers into a warm water washing machine with bleach? Will it clean well and will it damage the material?Can I wash my white sneakers with bleach?
You're better off hand washing them. You can do that but they can get mangled. Do your foot inserts come out? If they don't come out they will be the first things to go, and then the seams will start to separate. So what do you do? Soak in a bucket and hand wash with a scrubber sponge (or scrubber brush that will work ok) and then air dry them outside. They can take a little sunlight, but don't leave them out there forever they wil shrink too much. Can I wash my white sneakers with bleach?
My husband does it all the time.





Years ago, my sister decided to clean her beloved little canvas Keds, and soaked them in bleach in the bathroom sink overnight... but when she checked on them in the morning, the bleach had eaten away all the canvas! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life! So, don't soak them in straight bleach.
sure bleach will work... but only if they are completely white... otherwise they will get messed up
no but use it sparingly
I've done it many times, and it hasn't hurt my Nike's!

No comments:

Post a Comment