Sunday, December 20, 2009

My dish cloth stinks in less than a week. Why? I wash it with bleach + I use anti-bacterial dish detergent.?

I never had this problem until I moved to Arizona. I buy high-quality (Williams Sonoma) dish cloths, but in less than a week's use they start to stink. I launder them with bleach, and I've tried different dish detergents (Dawn + Palmolive), but that doesn't seem to help. What do I need to do to keep my dish cloth from stinking?My dish cloth stinks in less than a week. Why? I wash it with bleach + I use anti-bacterial dish detergent.?
GIVE THEM A GOOD LEMON JUICE SOAKING AND WASH AS USUALMy dish cloth stinks in less than a week. Why? I wash it with bleach + I use anti-bacterial dish detergent.?
Okay, this might sound weird, and I didn't believe it until I actually experienced it.





It's the soap you are using. Dawn is the worse. It might clean your dishes but for some reason it smells up the dish towels and sponges.


As soon as I changed dish soap, problem disappeared, honestly!





I was told this by a supermarket worker several years ago. She said several customers had come into the market complaining about all of a sudden having this problem and they had just changed their brand, so they knew what the problem was. In fact she told me that these customers were returning the soap.....................Funny, huh!
thats weird





try using a sponge instead


ive always found they worked better
You should not be using the same one for a week... that is just gross.
Yes the bacteria from the food particles does make a significant difference but from the way you've asked your question I am going to assume that you actually started looking for any reason to give it that pungent smell. The other mystery is the water itself. In california we have hard water and so to alleviate the problem we use water softeners but in your area there me more or less of one or multiple products in the water. Such things as calcium chlorine etc.. My grandmother used to use a wash rag as well but eventually changed to a sponge and then a dishwasher all together, but what I am getting at is her manner in which she dealt with similar odors. She would finish washing and then ring out the wash cloth and then hang it over the faucet spout so it would air out and dry. Another thing she would do was change wash rags more frequently. Maybe one of these methods will help solve your problem, good luck..
If you prefer clothes to sponges you need a clean one everyday and if your a busy cook, maybe two. Sponges are easier, because you can run them in the top rack of your dishwasher, or zap the a few seconds in the microwave.
CHANGE SOAPS USE A ANTI-BACTERIA SOAP AND USE A SPONGE AND SQUEEZE THE SPONGE OUT AFTER TO GET THE SOAP OUT CHANGE TOWELS EVERY DAY OR 2 AT THE MOST OR IT WILL STINK.......................
If your using the same dish cloths for multiple cleaning, that will make it stink because of all the bacterial that its picking up and collecting. Once it starts to stink, its hard to take the smell off. Also sponges don't absorb germs and bacteria, instead its spreads it.
You need to use a new one everyday. Dont use the same one longer than that.
I use a fresh dish cloth every day. Mine never stinks. I also go through a lot of kitchen towels daily. I keep a plastic tub on top of my washer and throw them in there. I wash them every few days.
You use the same dish cloth for a week?
i use cheap store brand dish cloths and use them like 2 a week because they start to stink after a while... could be your venelation , your water, or jsut the fact you are washing gross stuff with them...
use sponge instead of cloth. always squeeze out all the foam then wash after every use.
i change every other day moisture will collect and cause oder to occur

No comments:

Post a Comment