Thursday, December 24, 2009

Do you bleach your kitchen dishcloths,or just wash them at a high temperature?

what is best,if i was being environmentally conscious?











thanks.Do you bleach your kitchen dishcloths,or just wash them at a high temperature?
I buy new ones and use the old ones for cleaning the bathroom or the windows or something.....Do you bleach your kitchen dishcloths,or just wash them at a high temperature?
i usually just buy new ones
i usually was them at high temp but if i have used them on raw meat /blood i will either bin them or bleach them before washing them.
high water for both
My kitchen bleach bottle says it kills all known germs so I just soak my cloths in my wash up bowl with a mixture of bleach and water therefore sterilising my bowl at the same time. should I need to use the bowl or the sink then after a wee while I just squeeze it and hang it up to dry as germs need moisture to breed so if the cloth is hung up to dry the germs cant live without moisture anyway. For germs to flourish they need light, moisture, heat and time. deprived of only one of these then the germs should die anyway.
I use beer towels (I have a large collection) I only use them once and then throw them into the washer to be washed with the next load. Never had food poisoning yet. Hot water is enough to clean surfaces and I don't leave cloths around festering.
On the programme How clean is your house there was a hint about when you put on your dishwasher throw in the dish cloths also as they will be cleaned at high temperature without a separate wash.
I throw them in the washer with the towels, rags, underpants, and handkerchiefs -- hot water and bleach.
I let the dishclothes soak in a bowl with bleach and water.. then i place them in the dishwasher.. to let the hot water kill all bacterias.. or I might wash them in the washer and dryer..
Yes I use Bleach when washing my dish towels and bath towels.





I use bleach in all my whites to.


Bleach cleans my clothes and keeps them from turning dule and grey looking.


Keeps my laundry fresh, helps remove stains and deorderizes.
I use bleach but Iam going to use the Julie tip !
Best thing for kitchen dishcloths is wash them at high temperature then pop them in the microwave for 5 seconds, kills all bacteria completely. You don't always have to wash them, you can just pop them in the microwave like i said for five seconds...Got this tip off the TV Show, ';How clean is your house';...
I sometimes bleach and sometimes wash on high heat. But I like JULIE answer about the microwave. Sounds ok.
I wash my dishcloths with bleach in hot water, but if you're concerned about being environmentally conscious, just boil them in a pan for a few minutes.
Use J-Cloths for 2 days machine wash and after about 3 weeks throw it away. Buy a roll of jersey cotton and just cut off a bit and throw away ofter use. Don't use a cloth use kitchen paper and hang up to dry and use again. What do you use a dish cloth for. I never use a dish cloth, rinse dishes under tap and put in dishwasher. Use kitchen roll or other cloth and throw away or wash. Tea towels should be used for taking things out the oven not for drying dishes. Ugh. Bleach is a no.no

No comments:

Post a Comment