Sunday, December 20, 2009

Use clothes detergent or bleach to wash dishes instead of dishwashing liquid?

When I go to grandma's house I notice she always has a cup of clothes detergent by the sink. She always uses it to wash dishes and I think bleach sometimes too. I always assume she just was out of dish washing liquid. So does it work better or what?Use clothes detergent or bleach to wash dishes instead of dishwashing liquid?
Bleach is a disinfectant, most smart women use a little in the dishwater. Soap by any other name is still soap. Detergent is soap, But, your smart grandma knows laundry detergent is cheaper ounce per ounce than dish washing liquid. Any good restaurant has the bus people use bleach with the rag they wipe the tables off with,Use clothes detergent or bleach to wash dishes instead of dishwashing liquid?
It does not work better,but it does work the same as dishwashing liquid.It is just a way that some people prefer to do it.The bleach works as a sanitizer deluxe,it is a goood idea for her to do that.
I doubt it. It may be that she doesn't want to spend the extra money for the proper liquids. I would want to use the proper liquid, when available. Use the product that was made for the job. In a way it is like using engine oil for transmission fluid, if that makes any sense to you. I forgot I was out of the auto category. good luck
I've used laundry detergent when I was out of dish liquid. I don't know if it's where I'm use to the real stuff or not but to me it wasn't any better.But it worked when I was out...=)
I've done that at times when I ran out of dishsoap. I often put beach in the water to remove stains and sanitize the dishes. It's cheaper but i don't think it's better.
there's no way i would drink out of a glass that had bleach in it
That's what everyone did in the old days (not really so long ago) before the liquid detergents appeared on the market. You don't need to put too much in your dish pan. The detergent does a good job on the dishes, only it was in granular form.





For laundry: If we did whites, we added a little bleach to the detergent and water mixture. Once in a great while, I still use that mixture to clean my toilets and the tile on the bathroom floors around the toilet. Only thing is, I have to rinse it well. It does a very effective job of cleaning and leaves a clean smell. The bleach will take the seal off and pit tile grout so I don't let it sit on the floor -- just wipe it up and rinse right away.
The laundry soap has too many bubbles to wash dishes. The bubbles are everywhere. You keep rinsing and rinsing and there are still bubbles. It is unbelievable how many bubbles there are.
My mom do the same thing. She said she can actually see the bubbles when she make the water for the dishes. She feels like it's cleaner. The truth is it is the same thing. As for the bleach, I use it myself just to make sure that all is well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment