Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can I wash a tux shirt with bleach to remove the yellow stains of being in a closet for a couple years?

I'm getting ready for a concert and I lost my other shirt. I found this one in a closet and it has been there for a while. It is slightly yellowed and I was wondering if it would be safe to do a gentle wash with bleach?Can I wash a tux shirt with bleach to remove the yellow stains of being in a closet for a couple years?
the experts are saying now that while bleach is really good for most whitening problems, hydrogen peroxide is better for yellowing (as in age) as it does not break down the fabric. i would soak the shirt in a pan of warm water and a half a bottle of the peroxide for about 10-15 minutes, wash in machine on gentle. then check it out, if there is still yellowing, do it again. just don't dry it with the yellowing visible as it will set. good luckCan I wash a tux shirt with bleach to remove the yellow stains of being in a closet for a couple years?
Take it to a shirt laundry or dry cleaner. They have processes that can remove most yellowing due to aging. There are some shirts that yellow do to some adhesives that are used is the construction of the shirt, and to the best of my knowledge, that is not repairable. But the professionals will be able to do the best job. Most will be able to do it fast if you need it.
Washing that kind of shirt with bleach will turn the shirt yellow so if I was you I would take it to the cleanser and let a professional do it for you that way you know the shirt will be clean and press.
depends. Is it white? if it is, i think its safe. if u got time, send it out 4 dry cleaning, and theyll know wat to do.
Oxyclean.

No comments:

Post a Comment