Thursday, December 24, 2009

Is it ok to wash my dishes with bleach?

Will bleach harm me? I have been using bleach to wash my dishes for a year. If there are any consequences then I have never noticed.Is it ok to wash my dishes with bleach?
Since cups can get tea and coffee stains that can be difficult to get out, there must be a layer of organic material still clinging to the dish's surface. I have read that in the process of bleaching tea-bags, there is a residual of dioxins left in the paper, and so I suspect that there might also be a residual of dioxins left in the cups after bleaching. That is the reason that I personally do NOT use bleach on dishes, except in unusual circumstances.





I have been involved in summer camps where people ate communally, hot water was in short supply, and intestinal 'bugs' were going around. I used bleach in the dishwater then, and tried to rinse very well.Is it ok to wash my dishes with bleach?
As long as you thoroughly wash the dish with running water afterwards, there's no harm. But I believe there's no reason to wash dishes with bleach in the first place! I'm just curious, why do you use bleach?
no harm.....


I have friend that is dietician and I asked similar question .....


the ratio is 1 teaspoon of bleach per gallon of water....


if you can smell the bleach it it too much.....


bleach water solution good disinfectant





short excerpt:


The most common sanitizer used in food establishments is a bleach solution


made by mixing 1 teaspoon unscented bleach with 1 gallon of cool water.


http://www.metrokc.gov/health/foodsfty/f鈥?/a>





excerpt from link


Sanitizing: When using bleach and water for sanitizing eating utensils or toys that are mouthed, a


weaker bleach and water solution may be used.


1 teaspoon bleach to 1 quart of cool tap water


Dishes, eating utensils, and toys should be submerged in the bleach and water solution


for at least 1 minute then allowed to air dry. Food preparation and food service items


should not be towel dried.i


Disinfecting: Use a stronger bleach and water solution on diaper changing tables, handwashing


sinks, toilets, and other surfaces that need disinfecting.ii Use the following recipe to mix bleach and


water for disinfecting.





http://www.hdfs.hs.iastate.edu/research/鈥?/a>
its safe as long as you was it all off. when i go camping w/ my girls scout troop we always soak our utensils in bleach to kill any germs we might get from like dirt or mosquitoes or something
Using a small amount of bleach should be okay. Make sure that it is diluted with water and make sure you rinse your dishes very well. Why not use a dish detergent?
i wouldnt pour too much in but 3 or 4 table spoonsfull in a whole sink full of water shouldnt hurt as long as you rinse the dish well with plain hot water to remove all the chlorine water.
wow.....bleach can be very harmful to us....but just make sure you wash your dishes very clean and i think you should use a dish washing liquid from now...it'll be much safer

No comments:

Post a Comment