Thursday, December 24, 2009

Is it ok to wash Pergo floors with bleach?

Ive tried everything when mopping my floor but there seems to be nothing that gets it clean! I was wondering if bleach would harm my Pergo floors?Is it ok to wash Pergo floors with bleach?
Bleach won t hurt the laminate but its not recommended to do mopping on a laminate floor..Mopping can put excess water on the flooring and cause damage.


There are ways to clean laminate but w/o knowing what your trying to clean up..


I ve attended several seminars and installation classes as well as installed a few 100,000 s/f..


Any questions you can e mail me through my avatar .Is it ok to wash Pergo floors with bleach?
Bleach is not recommended. One thing that I have found to work and doesn't streak is to mix 1/2 cup vinegar with 1 gallon of water then mop with a microfiber mob. Be sure to squeeze as much moisture out of the microfiber as you can, then mop.





More info about how to clean your Pergo floors:


http://www.ehow.com/way_5324874_pergo-fl鈥?/a>


http://www.merrymaids.com/cleaningtips/


http://www.helium.com/items/1278134-how-鈥?/a>
Laminate floors are very hard wearing and I doubt that bleach would harm them, but it would be best to test in an inconspicuous area first and use a diluted solution.


As you are probably already aware it is best to use only a damp cloth or mop etc and not to wet the floor too much as excessive water can cause damage to the laminate.
I would never use bleach on my pergo floors. I think it would damage the finish. When mine get grimy I use a solution of vinegar and hot water on a well rung out micro-fiber mop. I also use a hard surface floor steamer. My floors are beautiful. To maintain your floors I would start with putting rugs or mats at all entrances from outside. Wipe up any spills straight away. I have googled alot of sites for clean my floors.
it wont harm them, but make sure to dillute the bleach with water...i'd say 1 part bleach, 2 and a half to three parts water
I wouldn't think so, flax soap is for wood floors. Only use products that are for wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment