Thursday, December 24, 2009

What temp should I wash whites with bleach at, hot, warm, or cold?

It really doesn't matter. Bleach activates no matter what the temperature of the water and to save energy I use cold water to wash nearly everything.What temp should I wash whites with bleach at, hot, warm, or cold?
I am stunned at all the people saying they don't wash anything in hot water.





Towels AND whites should be washed in hot water....bleach or no bleach.





That's just gross if you don't.What temp should I wash whites with bleach at, hot, warm, or cold?
I do cold.
I would do it on warm or hot , this will ensure bright whites and clean whites also...
Eskie is right. However, I was my undies and towels in HOT, just to be sure I've killed all the germs. (Hus and I work in a hospital and I'm going to nursing school, so I was ALL our work items in hot water.)
Bleach works at all temperatures.





However, the water temperature has a lot to do with how much something shrinks. If the item might shrink, use cold water.





Some stains (like blood) are 'set' by hot water, so use caution, or you might end up with too-small, stained garments.





Remember to pour the bleach into the water before you add garments -- some fabrics literally melt from a direct pour of bleach.
I always wash my whites in HOT water. I guess it's a family tradition that carried on from my grandmother.


I think it makes your clothes more sanitary.
I use warm, unless its kids really nasty socks, or something grimey, be careful not to use too much bleach. It will wear out your clothes, use it lightly especially if its a name brand like clorox, However I do use cold sometimes depending on my money situation, hot water runs up your electric or gas bill.
I don't think I've ever washed anything in hot water.





You should use the lowest water temperature possible to clean the load effectively.





I wash my colors in cold....whites go in warm. Adding of bleach will not affect the temperature at which you should select for the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment