Thursday, December 24, 2009

I have a very soiled down comforter---can I wash it with bleach even tho the label says not to?

I wouldn*t; if the label says no to they must have a good reason; I would take it to the cleaners, then after you get it back nice and clean, make a duvet cover for it. It is just like a big pillow case; it protects your comfortor.


I made my own ; Measure the comfortor; buy


fleece at WalMart, and sew up the tree sides and pin the tope with big safty pins or make buttons and button holes , next time just wash the duvet cover and the comfortor is still cleanI have a very soiled down comforter---can I wash it with bleach even tho the label says not to?
Is it white? If not, then no... I would not use bleach.





You can try adding 20 Mule Team Borax and/or ammonia to your wash load. Both of these boost the action of your detergent, help remove smells and stains.





I highly recommend 20 Mule Team Borax for almost any laundry problems, and I always recommend ammonia for laundry odors.I have a very soiled down comforter---can I wash it with bleach even tho the label says not to?
Almost everything you but today says not to use bleach. If the colors are light, you might try a little clorox. Just partially fill the washer and add the bleach and stir it around with your hand to make sure it is diluted. This way if it does change the color it will be on the whole thing, not just spots





or





Try using color safe bleach.





Either way, at least you'll know it is clean. If the stains don't come out then go to a duvet cover.
Your best bet is wash the comforter in warm water or hot water if you prefer. I would use clorox 2 safe bleach.
I would certainly not do that. The manufacturer knows the fabric well.
hydrogen peroixide 35% off internet buy it


and use





with numerous washings of some safe borax


(one with mule team on it) I buy mine at Krogers and walmart


maybe somewhere near you too???)


lemon juice is wonderful


baking soda keeps on licking and never missing on cleaning.


salt is good too.


I like orange oil ( but dont use too much goes a long way)

No comments:

Post a Comment