Sunday, December 20, 2009

How bad is it to wash dishes with bleach?

I have always washed my dishes with a little bit of bleach for sanitation purposes, but a co-worker and I were talking about it the other day and she said it was bad for your health and body.. how true is that? I always make sure to double rinse them if and when I do wash them with bleach.How bad is it to wash dishes with bleach?
It's a good idea to put a bit of bleach when you wash dishes especially if someone as a cold or some other health issue that could spread to other members of the family or guests.


There is no risk because you rinse your dishes after washing them and aside from that you can even add a few drops into drinking water if your water is not chlorinated, so you can tell your co worker that she is wrong ! Cities use chlorine in potable water and swimming pools and in those you swim into the chlorine..How bad is it to wash dishes with bleach?
ive heard of ppl doing that. but regualar soap works fine so u dont rly need the bleach
considering that small restaurants that don't have dishwashers are made to put dishs in a rinse of bleach water it can't be to bad for people
I too like to sanitize my dishes so I use Dawn with bleach. Great product.
yeahh it's ok to use a little and rinse it off well..but why take that risk? just use regular soap?
I've been washing my dishes with bleach forever and I learned it from my mom and we're both still living. Bleach is a great sterilizer.
I use bleach when I do my dishes and so far none of us have gotten sick, so it is okay. I think as long as you keep rinsing the way you do and don't add any more bleach you should be okay. I like to use it because it kills odors so my next dish doesn't taste like my previous one.
I use a lillte bleach almost every time I do dishes.


It rinses off total and there is no trace if rinsed properly.


I use it especially when someone is sick in the house.
Bleach shouldn't be used on dishes that you eat from.Use dishwash liquid instead. Bleach in a diluted form is an excellent sanitizer for floors, tubs,etc. You don't want to accidentally consume it. Also,the fumes can overpower you if not careful and it will dry your hands too much.
As long as it's just a little bit and you rinse very well with really hot water, you should be fine.
Washing dishes with a small amount of bleach is ok; but you MUST make sure they are TOTALLY RINSED WELL with HOT WATER several times ;or you and others could really , really get Majorly ill!!
It won't harm you if you rinse them thoroughly and make sure you wear gloves. Bleach liquefies the fat in your skin and will age your skin fast.
I'd rather die from being too cautious then to die from UNCLEAN DISHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Ive never heard that i always use a capful of bleach while washing dishes especially when people are sick. u can get sick or whatever from the dish soap if its not rinsed well so I'd keep using bleach
A lot of dishwashing liquid has bleach in it now. It's perfectly safe .
As long as you rinse them well it's fine.
It is risky and can be deangerous so why risk it soap works just fine a bigger key is actually maintaing the hot water temp

No comments:

Post a Comment