Sunday, December 20, 2009

Some of my colored clothes are showing up with bleach stains in the wash, why is this happening?

I wash my clothes with Tide/All free and clear (of dyes and perfumes) in warm water. Some clothes or towels have shown up with bleach stains on them and are therefore ruined. What should I do? Has anyone ever had this happen?Some of my colored clothes are showing up with bleach stains in the wash, why is this happening?
Are you adding the detergent to the machine prior to the clothes getting wet?





Of course you could be like me and use bleach on a daily basis and if I'm not careful of what I am wearing.... of course I have bleach spots on everything!





Could be you've spilled bleach and then set clothes on the spilled spots.....





That's the best from me....unless you've got gremlins in your house too! (grin)Some of my colored clothes are showing up with bleach stains in the wash, why is this happening?
If you are washing loads with bleach somewhere along the way, like just before you use other loads, apparently it's not getting rinsed out. You might need to set the washer to run a load everytime after you put bleach in a load. But don't put anything in there important, wash cleaning rags or old towels. Just don't put bleach in the washer again. I've had this happen before, so I never wash my good, dark work clothes right after a load of whites where I used bleach. I wash the towels or sheets which I won't care that much if some bleach gets on them.
1. let your washer fill up with at least a few gallons of water.





2. pour your detergent into the running water, and let it bubble up.





3. THEN add your clothes once the soap is quite diluted and bubbly.





never pour detergent straight onto clothes, it is too strong.
Still try a different detergent or is it right after you bleach something?

No comments:

Post a Comment