Thursday, January 7, 2010

When using ';Oxi Clean'; as a booster to your wash, do you still need to add bleach to your whites?

A Yahoo! Answers participant recommended using this product, I have been but my whites aren't as white. I thought it somewhat replaced bleach so I stopped using it.When using ';Oxi Clean'; as a booster to your wash, do you still need to add bleach to your whites?
I never had much luck with Oxy Clean. I didn't like it and it took the color out of some of my darker clothes, even though it's not supposed to. I am highly successful with laundry all the time, I can get stains out of almost anything. I use plain bleach for my whites and towels and socks when need be, and for everything else I use Tide with Bleach. Tide with Bleach is colorsafe and gets all the odors out of socks and t-shirts. It's a little more expensive but worth it.When using ';Oxi Clean'; as a booster to your wash, do you still need to add bleach to your whites?
try white vinegar aswell .It works better than bleach and is better for your clothes. Report Abuse

I agree with the white vinegar Report Abuse

I use white vinegar, and sometimes baking soda if there's an odor. Tide with bleach is really the best thing out there. I usually have a bottle around, but because it's so expensive, I save it for the really BAD laundry!!! Report Abuse

Don't mix them! But I find that OXI Clean doesn't make my whites as bright, so every other wash I use bleach.
I have used both together and separately...I find that if you actually use a little less detergent when washing and pack the washer less full to give the clothing room to actually agitate, use hot water in the wash cycle things get whiter. I also recommend using only Clorox bleach... I find that the cheaper brands dont work as well and tend to yellow the whites. Using a detergent with bleach additive also helps. Also on stains remember to rub a little detergent or oxyclean into the stain itself if needed...!

No comments:

Post a Comment